Canadian Agricultural Partnership Funding
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector.
Find out more about programs and services offered by your provincial or territorial government, visit their website by clicking your province/territory below.
Please note that each province may offer a different set of funding opportunities.
Newfoundland / Labrador
Prince Edward Island
Featured CAP Funding Program:
Saskatchewan CAP Producer Rebate Funding
The Assurance System Producer Rebate provides support to increase producer participation in biosecurity, animal welfare and on-farm food safety initiatives.
Approved eligible costs are funded at 50 per cent to a maximum rebate of $15,000.
Supports producers in livestock, poultry and apiculture sectors with farm or ranch assurance programs to meet and validate adherence to national standards or codes. This can include assistance with:
- Meeting national mandatory or voluntary standards and seeking certification; and
- Improving producer understanding of biosecurity and animal welfare needs and adopt improved practices through education and awareness, veterinarian/technical expert assessments, audits, and equipment funding.
Livestock Stream includes the following sectors:
- Apiculture, beef, dairy, sheep, goat, bison, cervid, swine and poultry producers.
*Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis subject to funds being available.
- Demonstrate a minimum of $50,000 (Beef) or $15,000 (Sheep) in gross farm income in Saskatchewan.
- Take the Verified Beef Production Plus (VBP+) training (Beef) or Industry Course (Sheep) – Please inquire for more information.
- Have an assessment completed by a veterinarian licensed in Saskatchewan.
- Complete the Verified Beef Production Plus (VBP+) Audit
- Have a Premises Identification number (PID).