Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy (CSR) refers to our responsibility towards our environment and the wider communities. Our company’s existence is not solitary. It’s part of a bigger system of people, values, other organizations and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the community just as it gives to us.
Our CSR Policy outlines our efforts to give back to the community as it gives to us.
This policy applies to our company and its subsidiaries. It may also refer to vendors and partners.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness.
Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values.
Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our company will:
- Respect the law
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights.
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Examples of Corporate Social Responsibility
Protecting the environment
Our company recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We’ll always follow best practices when disposing of waste. Stewardship will also play an important role.
We’ll ensure that we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labour).
Donations and charitable giving
Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary donations.
These donations will aim to:
- Alleviate those in need in our own local communities.
- Education and community events.
- Support of the homeless.
- Support of those with terminal or life-changing illness.
- Support of the emergency services.
Our company will encourage its employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programs organized internally or externally. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organization
Supporting the community
Our company may initiate and support community investment and educational programs. It can provide support to non-profit organizations or movements to promote cultural and economic development of global and local communities.
- We will actively invest in R&D.
- We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates. We’ll readily act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business.
- We will review these programs regularly to ensure we are constantly promoting continual improvement.
- Management must communicate this policy on all levels.
- Managers are also responsible for resolving any CSR issues.